Being a mom is a thankless job a lot of the time. It’s a good thing we don’t do it for recognition, we do it out of love! Raising teenagers is especially trying, especially when it comes to balancing what they want with what they need. Although you probably won’t be nominated for the “Mom of the Year” award when you schedule your teenager for wisdom teeth removal surgery, you can make sure that the experience is as easy and as painless as possible for both you and your teen.
This time of year, we at Texas Wisdom Teeth and Dental Implants start seeing a lot of teenagers whose dentists and orthodontists have recommended wisdom tooth surgery in order to prevent dental crowding, gum disease and other dental conditions. Because having wisdom teeth extracted most often involves a period of recovery time and at least one day missed from school, we find that school breaks like Spring Break and Summer Vacation are especially popular times for teens to have the third molars removed.
This year, most Dallas area school districts are closed for the Spring holiday from March 11-15. We are reserving extra time for wisdom teeth patients during Spring Break, and are scheduling these appointments now. Here is what your teen can expect when it’s time to have their wisdom teeth extracted:
- Easy scheduling! We can work with your schedule to make a plan that works for you and your student.
- Our caring and friendly team understands the fear and apprehension many people experience when facing oral surgery. We know nobody WANTS to have oral surgery, but we can help make it easy and comfortable.
- Sleep through it! Our patients appreciate being able to sleep right through their oral surgery, never having to deal with injections, noise or anything remotely uncomfortable during treatment.
- Knowledgeable clinicians and staff to answer all your questions and help you understand your treatment.
- Acceptance of most dental insurance plans to help you save the most money on oral surgery.
- Special “one low fee” pricing on wisdom teeth surgery for patients who don’t have the benefit of insurance coverage for the procedure.
- Interest free financing for oral surgery procedures
- Personalized patient care that keeps you in control. Your teen can choose their own pre and post operative entertainment, select their favorite flavor for exam gloves and they will even get to choose their favorite ice cream upon their in-office recovery from surgery.
If you know you have to schedule your student for oral surgery or wisdom teeth extraction this spring, don’t wait until it’s upon us, go ahead and make your reservation now in order to take advantage of our special rates, extended schedule and the fact that they won’t miss any school.
We’re here when you are ready!