Facial Trauma – Dallas, TX
Reconstruction Your Beautiful Smile Today
Facial trauma is never something you can prepare for. Whether from an auto accident, workplace injury, or another cause, you need an oral surgeon in Dallas who can quickly repair the damage and rehabilitate your smile. At Texas Wisdom Teeth and Dental Implants, Dr. Brown is here for you. As an experienced and qualified oral surgeon, he provides both acute and long-term rehabilitation and reconstruction. He will help you look and feel your best by repairing the physical trauma you have experienced.
Choose a Trusted Oral Surgeon
If you have suffered significant trauma to the face, you need more than just an emergency dentist. You need someone who has undergone advanced training in oral and maxillofacial surgeries. Dr. Brown is supported by a board scope of surgical skills to enhance the long-term function and appearance of your smile after an injury. He combines his training, experience, and qualifications with the latest innovations in dentistry to manage and treat facial trauma.
He can treat a variety of facial injuries, including:
- Facial lacerations
- Intra oral lacerations
- Avulsed (knocked out) teeth
- Fractured facial bones
- Fractured jaws
Do I Need an Oral Surgeon?
There are several instances that may require the expertise of an oral surgeon over a general dentist, such as:
- Maxillofacial Trauma: Facial injuries that affect the skin and bones of the face. They can be the result of auto accidents, falls, or sports injuries.
- Soft Tissue Injuries: Lacerations to the face or mouth often require suturing to repair them. The facial nerves, salivary glands, salivary ducts, and aesthetics must all be considered with treating the injury.
- Bone Injuries: Fractures to the facial bones are treated differently depending on the severity of the break, as well as the age and health of the patient. Since a cast cannot be placed on the face, other techniques are used to stabilize the bones, such as wiring the jaws together.
- Injuries to Teeth and Oral Structures: Injuries to the teeth, gums, and other oral structures are common. They can range from a single knocked out tooth to significant missing teeth. Dr. Brown evaluates the extent of the damage to create a treatment plan to restore your oral health, function, and appearance, such as placing dental implants.
Oral Surgeon Near Me
An injury to the face is traumatic enough. You need a professional by your side to make the situation easier. Dr. Brown provides the personalized solutions you need to restore your emotional and physical well-being after facial trauma.
If you need an oral surgeon, contact our office today to schedule a consultation.