Pre-Op Instructions – Dallas, TX
Ensuring a Smooth, Straightforward Surgery
A successful oral surgery depends on cooperation between the surgeon and the patient. We’ll ensure that you have all the information you need to make good decisions, and we’ll make the necessary preparations so you have an enjoyable, comfortable experience. All we need for you to do is follow any instructions we give you prior to the treatment in order to make sure that your appointment goes smoothly with as few complications as possible. Here are some general instructions that you’ll be asked to follow (other instructions will be provided as needed).
- NO food or liquids, including water, for at least 8 hours before your surgical appointment. The only exception to this is if you need to take prescribed medicines during this period. Please do so at your regular time with as little water as possible.
- Please make arrangements to bring someone with you to your appointment who will be able to drive you home. You will be unable to drive a vehicle until the next day. Minors must be accompanied by an adult.
- Please remove contact lenses prior to your surgical appointment.
- Wear comfortable, loose-fitting clothing to your surgical appointment.
- Empty your bladder immediately prior to your appointment.
- If you develop a cold, flu, or any other illness prior to your appointment, we urge you to reschedule for your own health. Please make sure to cancel your appointment at least 24 hours in advance, or there will be a charge of $100.
- Try to get a good night's sleep before your appointment - it will be helpful in achieving a smooth recovery.