Salt Water Oral Soak Instructions
ORAL SOAKS PROCEDURE
- Mix a glass of warm salt water using 3/4 teaspoon of salt to 16 ounces of very warm water. The water should be hot, but not hot enough to burn you.
- Take a mouthful of this water and tip your head so as to soak the affected area. Do not swish, rinse, gargle or swallow. Simply hold the water over the area as a soak until the heat from the water fades away. (about 40 seconds).
- Spit the water out and repeat this same procedure again and again for a 20 minute period, BY THE CLOCK.
- The soaks can be up to one hour if you so choose, but not less than 20 minutes or the desired effect will be diminished.
- This procedure is often boring, so make sure to keep yourself distracted by watching television or reading a book. Do at least 2 sessions during the first 6 hours to start. You should begin to feel results after the second session.
- Continue sessions as needed.
If symptoms have not improved, please contact the office to schedule an appointment for follow up.